The term “bagua” (or “ba gua”) is derived from the book of the I-Ching, a sacred text used to tell the future. But while the word may sound foreign or unfamiliar to you, ‘Feng Shui Bagua’ is one of the most basic and fundamental tools of Feng Shui for Feng Shui beginners or anyone who wants to get initiated into practicing Feng Shui.
An ancient Chinese term “bagua” means “eight areas” (“ba”=eight, “gua”=area) and Feng Shui bagua is a map or chart that relates the various areas of your life to the 8 sections of your living space. These eight main sections of a space are represented by what are known as “guas” of the bagua map. The bagua map can also have a ninth center section that corresponds to the 8 major corresponding life areas. So in this way the layout of bagua map shows the nine main energy centers that we value the most.
The map is used by plac ing e it over a floor plan of the space we’re being design ed ing or fix ed i ng for problems . With the help of the map, users can and learn how to emphasize pinpoint the areas which that need our immediate attention so that they can be enhanced by Feng Shui practice.
The Eight Life Areas of Feng Shui Bagua
The Feng Shui bagua is the most valuable tool of Feng Shui used to help understand how environment relates to the various aspects of life. Wealth, reputation, love, family and health, travel and helpful acquaintances, career, wisdom, children and creativity are the main life areas; Each can be represented by a corresponding area on the bagua map.
The center bagua is reserved for all other areas. As a result, the Feng Shui bagua can represented by a bigger square divided into 9 smaller squares called “guas", which are arranged in three rows of three. The look is similar to that of a set of floor tiles, a game board or a window. Though the Feng Shui bagua has a deceptively simple appearance, it is a powerful blueprint for all the changes you wish to enact in order to have a better life.
‘Feng Shui Bagua’ the key points
- Bagua Feng Shui helps you to divide your living space into 9 sections that mirror the gua distribution. This enables you to see the specific relationships between parts of your house (or parts of a room) and the different aspects of your life.
- When dealing with a pressing problem, you should first determine which or the eight life guas it fits in. For example, if your daughter needs self defense from strangers, that would fall into the children gua, whereas dissatisfaction with your salary would relate to the career and wealth guas.
- After you determine the problem area, overlay the bagua map and see which portion of your home requires an intervention in order to correct the imbalanced energies.
- The Feng Shui bagua helps you to understand where you should be making enhancements to improve problem areas and which parts of the home you ought to focus on
- Individual guas have unique personalities, symbols, and associated elements. When you know about each element and its meaning, the bagua tells you how can you make healing enhancements to your space using one or more elements.
- Feng Shui study helps you make proper associations between various areas of the home and decorative objects and uses them to bring about healing by correcting the pressing problem.
Feng Shui Bagua The Cornerstone For Happiness
Plants, gray or silver objects, photographs of people you want guidance from, inspirational artwork, names of people or organizations, as well as pictures associated with health and fitness are all simple things that can assist you with bringing about positive changes in your life.
Understanding the associations and meanings of each ‘gua’ is the first step in learning to place the bagua and utilize utilizing it as part of your Feng Shui practice. It is only with the help of Bagua that you can know exactly how exactly to use the enhancements related to the elements or Feng Shui colors. What about t The re are corners and , portions of the house or walls , which we tend to be neglect ed ? Wi but it is w ith Feng Shui design and the F feng S shui bagua , th at you ’ll can know how and where to put them to manuver with those structures in order to have the a des required e affect , ultimately and bring ing happiness and harmony to your life.
Feng Shui Bagua And Its Universal Application
It is possible to make positive changes and corrections to any space, no matter how small or large. Once you understand the basics of Feng Shui bagua you can apply the same underlying principle to whichever space you want to enhance, whether it is Feng Shui in the home, Feng Shui for offices, or Feng Shui bed room.
In addition, Feng Shui Bagua helps you to recognize the ‘Power spots ’, which are the most essential elements of Feng Shui practice.
Because power spots are determined not only by the things that are going on in your life right now but also by the design and architecture of your particular living space they are unique to each person, family and home.
Using Feng Shui design or Feng Shui decorating ideas using via Feng Shui elements and Feng Shui colors can be particularly helpful when trying to enhance your power spots or Feng Shui bed room.